PURPOSE: The HEArtT Program was designed to provide youth with artistic training in the areas of dance/choreography, visual arts and music production/song writing. The mission of the program is to teach and expose youth to the healing power of creative artistic expression.
- A series of 12 workshops in which youth will be provided with hands on experience in the areas of Dance, Visual Arts and Music Production/Songwriting.
- The first Saturday will be an orientation in which youth meet with Art Ambassadors (artistic experts) and confirm the artistic track that they would like to take part in. Youth will spend the remainder of their time working up close and personal with trained professionals in their chosen track learning the fundamentals of their artistic medium.
- Throughout the program youth will work with our Art Ambassadors to create an artistic piece that is meaningful to them and will have the opportunity to process their work through journaling and by engaging with a licensed therapist.
- The HEArtT Program culminates with an Art Showcase where participants can share their finished pieces with friends and family.
- All art, music and dance supplies used during the program are free for the participant to keep!
Resident of the State of Georgia
Commit to two Saturdays per month
Program spans from November 2016 to April 2017: 12 sessions total.
Youth ages 10 to 17 years old
Looking for kids excited to learn more about the arts!
The application window for the 2016-2017 HEArtT Program has closed!
For information about applying next year email Ms. Maati Horne at HEArtT@artworks4ena.org